Free Trader Brakebills
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni

+4
this is not a test
Dreadgrave Lavalamp
granny_weatherwax
Dee
8 posters

Go down

Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni Empty Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni

Post by Dee Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Hello, free traders. Why don't you introduce yourselves?

Dee
GodMode
GodMode

https://myllayhklyiyhrlipssz.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni Empty Re: Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni

Post by granny_weatherwax Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm Jenn in the world outside, granny here. I live in Seattle with my wife and dog. I have a deep love of comic books and a love/hate of pop culture in general. I am mildly well known on the internet for being able to sound like Christopher Walken.  Julia is probably my favorite literary character of all time. I grew up queer(trans) in the south and Julia's story really resonated, double life/self discovery/ looking for a hidden secret that other people didn't believe in/ all that stuf. O.L.U etc... . I just got Julia's star tattoo done a few weeks ago and Lev liked it but  am still waiting on my signed crazy fan copy of TML! Lol.

granny_weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni Empty Re: Welcome, Free Traders & Brakebills Alumni

Post by Dee Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:00 am

Hello, granny_weatherwax, it's lovely to have you here. *secret queer handshake*
We're currently only a very tiny community, but I'm hoping that everyone sticks around, and that we grow to be much bigger than we currently are.

If you're interested in some light crypto games, and puzzles, head on over to 5a 57 4c 48 52 20 4d 59 50 4c 55 4b 20 48 55 4b 20 4c 55 41 4c 59.

If you're not interested in those at all, then feel free to start new discussions on stuff you are interested in, and also please do feel free to suggest new subforums that you'd like to see (like books, TV, queer magicians etc etc).

Dee
GodMode
GodMode

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreadgrave Lavalamp Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:32 am

Hi, im Dreadgrave (Sam irl for those who care). My life is scheduled in such a way that most of the time I have available for code breaking is my 15 min lunch brake so I will most likely fall very far behind in those areas. I know alot about cheesecake and useless fun-facts. Im in a terrable band, I play GW2 whenever I get the chance, and I posses no form of pride or shame. I'm live with my two cats and am NOT famous on the internet in any way, however I do have a blog (that no one reads). I'll be on as much as possible, however infrequently.

May the Force be with you
Dreadgrave Lavalamp
Dreadgrave Lavalamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:49 am

Hi, Deadgrave_Lavalamp, it's great to have you here!

Dee
GodMode
GodMode

Back to top Go down

Post by this is not a test Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 am

Hello everyone, this is Dee with a non-god account. I'll be using this one to test various things and post in a non-admin capacity (until I inevitably forget who I'm logged in as and respond with the wrong account >.>). You'll see me floating around the forums, and possibly behaving a little oddly if I'm testing stuff, so don't worry about that.

this is not a test

Back to top Go down

Post by daedalus Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 am

Greetings from Kansas City. I believe one of you sent me an anonymous message which led me here, for which I am very grateful. I have a relatively minuscule presence on the internet. I don't know if I could pick something about the book that I loved more than the rest, though I must say that Alice was one of my favorite characters. In any case, I'm glad to be here.

daedalus
daedalus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 am

Hello, daedalus. We're very pleased to have you here! We're a very tiny forum at the moment, although we're slowly growing. I hope you enjoy your stay Smile

Dee
GodMode
GodMode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sisyphean_Task Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 am

Hello all new FTB memebrs, glad to have you aboard.
Sisyphean_Task
Sisyphean_Task

Back to top Go down

Post by Tootles Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:08 am

Waes thu hael, I'm Tootles. I've been writing computer programs since I was a child and can write and understand a number of arcane languages.

I've been into The Magicians since it was first published - my grandmother bought a copy and didn't like it, so she passed it on to my father who liked it and recommended it to me. I haven't looked back.
Tootles
Tootles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:10 am

Hello, Tootles. It's lovely to see a new face.

Dee
GodMode
GodMode

Back to top Go down

Post by Trouble Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:40 am

Howdy Smile I was introduced to The Magicians fairly recently and loved it - Julia's character is one I have a lot of sympathy for and whose story I found to be touching in many ways. It is a book series that has truly captivated my interest and I can't wait to find out how the story evolves in The Magician's Land.

I look forward to talking to you.

Trouble
Trouble

https://www.facebook.com/alh.books/?ref=hl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 am

Hello, MizzHeath, it's lovely to have you here. Two new faces in one day, how exciting!

Dee
GodMode
GodMode

Back to top Go down

Post by Trouble Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:53 am

Well, I'm actually in a relationship with Tootles outside of the forum and we both love the books, so it seemed only right to make ourselves a part of the forum to talk to other fellow Fillorians Razz we thank you for having us.
Trouble
Trouble

https://www.facebook.com/alh.books/?ref=hl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreadgrave Lavalamp Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Oh goody! New nerd friends! How many of us are there now? I feel we have a varied enough skill set (from what I've learned so far about you all) that we need some ridiculously hard project to destroy as a group. Anyone have any ideas?
Dreadgrave Lavalamp
Dreadgrave Lavalamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum